Friday 4 March 2016

Better Late Than Never.

Hello readers

Hope you all are doing well.


Nature has been very considerate to us even though we are exploiting it.

I would like to recall,  a great movie called shawshank redemption where we can  all understand the true meaning of hope, Red whose character is a Irish prisoner who was booked for murder is having an argument about hope with his dear friend and cellmate Andy Dufresne  who is also booked for murder.

Andy says hope is that one thing that no one can take from you, so Red replies , hope is a crazy thing and continues by saying it make you go crazy, and he just closes the conversation  with anger.

But by the time the movie ends  Red says "hope is a beautiful thing"

So what led to his sudden agreement with the latter?  Well it was his own experience which made him feel that.

So realisations are very much important in life, you know people always keep saying Better late than never, now why do they say that? Because some mistake that they did gives them the pinch to say that.

Back to the movie, when Red finishes his term in the department of corrections, he was very low in spirits to live that life of freedom as most of his life he  had spent in prison.

But he was bound to a promise that he made to his friend Andy that he will go to a particular place, so finally he keeps up his promise and finds some money some essentials and directions to meet Andy they and he  makes it to the destination,  the movie ends with a happy reunion.

From this movie we can understand the value of hope, friendship, how to be street smart and so on.

This movie has always been my favourite so I always love to narrate this story.

I feel our generations are getting  lost in the illusion of accomplishments, desire and materialism, I have spoken about all the three in many blogs, but I wanted to emphasis on this again because, recently I read a mail which was about the last conversation of Mr Steve Jobs, yes the same person who gave this world  the Iphone !  We all consider him as the great modern inventor which of course he is, but how many of us know he died a bad death suffering from a rare type of cancer?

I have heard some speeches and interviews of Mr.Jobs, god he is so motivating! I thank him for that.

But according to him he realised some truths late in life, well here it is the full letter written by Mr Steve Jobs , I quote:

“I have come to the pinnacle of success in business. In the eyes of others, my life has been the symbol of success. However, apart from work, I have little joy. Finally, my wealth is simply a fact to which I am accustomed. At this time, lying on the hospital bed and remembering all my life, I realize that all the accolades and riches of which I was once so proud, have become insignificant with my imminent death. In the dark, when I look at green lights, of the equipment for artificial respiration and feel the buzz of their mechanical sounds, I can feel the breath of my approaching death looming over me.

Only now do I understand that once you accumulate enough money for the rest of your life, you have to pursue objectives that are not related to wealth. It should be something more important: For example, stories of love, art, dreams of my childhood. No, stop pursuing wealth, it can only make a person into a twisted being, just like me.

God has made us one way, we can feel the love in the heart of each of us, and not illusions built by fame or money, like I made in my life, I cannot take them with me. I can only take with me the memories that were strengthened by love. This is the true wealth that will follow you; will accompany you, he will give strength and light to go ahead.

Love can travel thousands of miles and so life has no limits. Move to where you want to go. Strive to reach the goals you want to achieve. Everything is in your heart and in your hands.

What is the world's most expensive bed? The hospital bed. You, if you have money, you can hire someone to drive your car, but you cannot hire someone to take your illness that is killing you. Material things lost can be found. But one thing you can never find when you lose: life. Whatever stage of life where we are right now, at the end we will have to face the day when the curtain falls.

Please treasure your family love, love for your spouse, and love for your friends. Treat everyone well and stay friendly with your neighbours.”


At-least can we now realize the value of life and be balanced towards our families and our work or whatever you’re doing in life, the faster you understand this message the best it is for you, please stop realizing late .

I thank my Uncle for forwarding me that beautiful mail.

Thanks for your time. Hope you guys will be the change
.

No comments:

Tussle- Story about a fight.

Hello Readers   I hope you all are doing great; it has been a long time since I wrote a blog, I have been a bit busy, but it is a great fe...