Wednesday 6 December 2017

The chosen ones

Hello readers

Hope you all are doing well.

If a system is too materialistic and generating unnecessary waste the first step is to work on reducing the waste and the second is to correct this system.
-Anonymous 

I was just thinking how fortunate we all are? Yes, fortunate because seriously I am telling you we are fortunate!

I did not repeat that word 3 times just to make this blog interesting or surprising to you. But I just realized how well supported we are from the people around us who have been there in our ups and downs.

Of course, I agree this entire society would not be behind your back to help you, but I am talking about few people who help us when we are in need of help, but the question is how many have we helped in return?

Recently I had been to a marriage of one of my relatives; definitely, Indian traditional marriages are very complex in their rituals and their culture.

Even in these modern times too, that tradition is still seen, ok next when we come to the feast part of this occasion, I observed there is an industry which has been created to make this occasion a success.

The chefs, the catering arrangements flower decorators, photographers and so on.

But there is a hitch, even though we celebrate a man’s oath to take care of women and same with a woman who pledges to take care of a man as a big festival, are we lost too much into it and losing the meaning of it?

This is just my opinion we have lost to understand the meaning of culture and everything is running like an industry and we are behaving like just we are at our jobs robotic!



All the marriages are now being photographed with studio settings! Drone photography, and crane cameras and each marriage party is competitive with the technology used therein lighting, photography and recently a new jibe “candid photography” and uploading the same to youtube? come on where is the privacy?  I am not debating on the success of these marriages as it is a personal life of two people, of course, Indian marriages are the most successful in the world  and it has been documented in the WHO (world health organization) but my concern is can we think a little bit before we just spend loads on material and manpower .

I have taken comments from people saying a person marries only once so that is the reason for the celebratory nature of this function I understand that!

But you would be shocked to know that there are hundreds of tonnes of plastic and paper waste which are being generated due to marriages, where is the control on this by the government?

I tell you these are smallest of things which contribute to the natural hazards relating to pollution because there are so many marriages which take place and these small pockets of waste snowball into a mammoth godown of waste which we depend on the municipality to clear.

Food wastage

I have written about food wastage before, but with particular to marriages I see people are in such a sick mentality and think as if they have some sworn right to eat what they want and trash the rest, have you realized how much effort it takes to produce that one grain of rice or that one slice of the vegetable or fruit? you trashed.



Please think about society and the poorer classes who are still waiting to eat a morsel and the environment which we pollute since our birth thinking we superior in the evolution! 

So we are chosen ones! Who has been blessed with best we can have but still why do we crib? Think about it for wasting food or because we enjoy too much and chose to crib or pastime.

Let’s start helping the have-nots around us and experience  the joy of giving and compassion


Thanks for your time, please let me know your feedback in the comment box.

Helios

No comments:

Tussle- Story about a fight.

Hello Readers   I hope you all are doing great; it has been a long time since I wrote a blog, I have been a bit busy, but it is a great fe...