Friday 15 June 2018

Comics - A lighter way of life.

 Hello Readers

Well actually you know, I was out of topics today when I was just conjecturing what to publish today When all of a sudden I thought it would be about this theme.

Well, comics have always been astounding and dear to me.

Well, it all started when I was introduced to a comic book called, “Tinkle” a fortnightly children’s comic book, I think it was back in the year 2000 I started reading it.

Since then I am an aficionado of many comic books and till date read them.

Coming to the point of discussion now, why do you think comics are different from other storybooks and novels?

You think the colourful illustration and the balloons of conversation are the unique selling point.

Well if you think so, actually I agree with you. The illustrations and the dialogue depiction in comics are what makes it unique when I read a comic, it makes me feel I am living in that moment and we become the character, sometimes make you very yearning as well.

Let it be a real-time story or a small comedy strip of comic or an adventure when it is illustrated in a comic format, it looks very different and appealing to read the whole book at once.

Some famous names who made our lives  a little light whenever we read their comic strips on the newspaper or in a book: first on the list is Sri R K Lakshman a famous cartoonist and humorist who with his cartoon strips named “you said it” and his work “common man” took satire to the next level, and has won the hearts of people of India with his humor.



Next on the list are 2 people whom I can never forget, Sri Ananth Pai and Sri Ram Waeerkar, Sri Ananth Pai was popularly known as uncle Pai he is the architect behind, Amar Chitra Katha founded under his own Rang Rekha features in the year 1980, Tinkle too came under the same syndicate. I think anyone in this world who likes comics should definitely read the tinkle magazines and other prominent comes of Sri Pai like, Kapish, Ramu and Shamu, little Raji and many more. Thank you for your marvellous comics!



Sri Ram Waeerkar was a great artist and was one of the leading illustrators in all Amar Chaitra Katha books, he was also the creator  of many famous characters like Pyarelal a story of a simple villager and his misadventures,  Suppandi- a village simpleton his stupidity or his virtue of being an ignoramus has cost him many a job. Often Suppandi is shown living in big towns and cities.

I am sure many of you have heard of the diamond comic, this is the official publisher of another legend:  Sri Pran Kumar Sharma, who created Chacha Chaudhry, billoo, Soni and  Sampath and was also the first to introduce James bond in Hindi.



Lastly, I want to introduce you to  another respectable and most creative person, well that is Mr Georges Prosper Remi, ok  we all know him with his pen name as HergĂ©, he created this ultimate 24 volume comic magazine series called the “ The Adventures of Tintin” which is still my favourite,

StĂ©phane Bernasconi brought these remarkable comics to life through an animated cartoon TV series in the year 1991 and completed it 1992 it was later broadcasted on cartoon network in the early 2000s, it  is one of the best cartoons I have seen, like Hanna-Barbera's Tom and Jerry and Walt Disney’s Mickey the mouse and goofy.

All pictures courtesyGoogle.com

I felt thrilled and excited to discuss this topic today, let me know your experiences with comics in the comment box.

Some truths which I could learn  from these great men is, that we all need to be creative in life, try to bring your ideas on paper, write articles or try drawing try painting your ideas, develop a hobby, be expressive, above all be joyful like these great men, who lead a life on their drawing board in an effort to bring smiles to people.

Nothing is ours, but time.
-Seneca

Thanks a lot for your time, have a great week ahead.

Helios.

No comments:

Tussle- Story about a fight.

Hello Readers   I hope you all are doing great; it has been a long time since I wrote a blog, I have been a bit busy, but it is a great fe...