Sunday 16 January 2022

The Minimalists

Hello Readers

 I hope you guys are doing great!

 Love people, not things; use things not people.

-Spencer W. Kimball

 When did you buy your last phone, laptop, or any gismo?

 But did you want it? Or did you buy it because you were bored with what you already had?

Last week I was searching to watch some documentaries, by the way, I am a huge documentary buff!

 I came to cross this one: The minimalists: less is now. I liked the concept and got hooked on it.

It's about the real-life stories of two people, Joshua Fields Millburn, and Ryan Nicodemus.

 They were living their everyday lives in America, but something was not going well. They were not feeling happy.

 The documentary starts with an interview with Ryan, where he says he had this craving of buying things, and he had filled his place with lots of stuff and felt he would feel happy by having these material things.

 But for some reason, both the friends never felt that real happiness in life.

 Then something hit their mind; they started living with only what they wanted and gave away all the extra stuff.

 So, they called it minimalism, started making road trips across the USA, and started giving out this message.

 Many people got influenced by this and started feeling the happiness of things just enough to survive. They even started living in minimized houses.

 So, they conclude by showing us having less okay, and we all should be away from the delusion of consumerism!

 Being an Indian, the thing hit me the moment i saw this piece; in our scriptures, they have permanently imbibed the model of "having less is fine."

 The Indian scriptures have always believed in knowledge and the other great principles of materialism at the end of the chain.


Courtesy Google images


 Incredibly, I started writing this blog, and my first topic was about materialism; here I am, 280 blogs later writing about it.

 I hope we all stay away from consumerism and think of giving our surplus to the less fortunate.

 Thanks for your valuable time.

 Enjoy the rest of your day!

 Helios.

No comments:

Tussle- Story about a fight.

Hello Readers   I hope you all are doing great; it has been a long time since I wrote a blog, I have been a bit busy, but it is a great fe...