Saturday 23 April 2016

Why do we need a guru?

Hey there!

Hope you all are doing well.

A plane is always safe on the ground, but it is not made for that, always take some meaningful risks in life to achieve great heights.
-Sri Chandra shekhar Azad.

What is the first thought that you get when you think of your teacher. Well my answer is, respect, a feeling of gratitude. I am sure even you will have an answer in mind.

Many teachers have taught you numerous subjects from your school till now.

Now if you ask me if I am just talking about the class teachers who were handling your courses in school, actually it's not because I am talking about all the teachers in your life.

What do I mean by all the teachers in your life? We all know teaching is a profession and I feel it is beyond that word it builds a solid bond between the student and the teacher, which lasts for a long stretch.

So why do we need a guru?

Actually guru or a educator is just not that person who teaches you lessons or your subjects.

In olden days the gurus' or popularly called as acharyas were  also an advisors  to the king, he was treated with great respect by the king until he was ruling the kingdom and the same formality would be handed over to the next generation.

The gurus had great respect in the Indian culture and before the British education invaded India, we had schools which were called gurukuls where the students used to reside for long years and learn the various subjects both as an educational purpose and also the societal purpose.

So answer to my question is little bit clear that you need a teacher for enlightening yourself in life and for your self-development.

There is another aspect where the teacher becomes more than what you think, that is when you ponder that once a person who was your teacher at your school is something more today, there are many situations in life where we see some students who get brilliant teachers  and will become the best of friends in life. I have seen some of  my friends who entirely give the credit of their success to their teachers.


Every person can become a teacher in life, not necessarily that he should come to class and teach you using a black board, any stranger who warns you when you erred is your teacher, your parents are your first teachers, and then that friend who thought you how to ride a bicycle is also your teacher.

When you end up in an challenge in life and when you look up the board, you hit a Google search for suggestions within your brain, and you return with some answers, from your past experiences , in those results you also get some advices that your teachers gave you.

feel we all need that one guru in life who is always ready to guide to the correct lane when you want to decide to which lane you want to take and which direction you want to go, I am not saying that you lack the ability to judge yourself, but the charisma of the guru is required as he is a divine being according to me.

I say divine because he is one of the few people in life, who feels happy by seeing your progress in life, well ahead of him! How many of the people around you do that?

The world needs more good teachers to drive this great planet in the path of peace and compassion.

I take this opportunity to thank all my teachers who have come and gone in my life, and all those lovely people in my life, who had the humility to correct me when I was wrong.

Have a great day and a week ahead.

No comments:

Tussle- Story about a fight.

Hello Readers   I hope you all are doing great; it has been a long time since I wrote a blog, I have been a bit busy, but it is a great fe...