Friday 22 July 2016

ESC- To Quit?

Hello readers

Hope you are doing well.

If you are always worried about your future and consult a palmist, remember people without hands do make their own future.
-Anonymous

“Get busy living or get busy dying, that's God damn truth”  from the box office hit Shawshank redemption.

Actually one of my friends Jiga  from the Indian Institute of Bombay asked me to write a passage on this sensitive and important topic, ESC- to quit is about the reason people commit suicide and lose their precious lives and an effort to  build awareness to eradicate this mental disease. 

So why do some people take that extreme step and stop breathing forever. We need to understand that whatever happens in life there will always be a way out so simply ending that life is not wise.

We are designed to live not to die an untimely and an unnatural death.

You know the sad part is that these days someone dying especially suicides has become a news column in almost all the leading newspapers recently I read an article that shook me! It was about a bureaucrat's wife and daughter committing suicide because her husband or the girl's father was charged with corruption. Even if you logically think about it, the kid’s dad or that lady’s husband was at fault, OK let me give them the benefit of doubt saying it was shame and the fear to face the media or their own people, but how does it match to end their lives?

People have seriously forgotten how important is there life and they should be fortunate today that they are alive and living.

It is so pathetic to hear news like a 10 year girl or a boy committed suicide, because her mom scolded her, her teacher scolded her! She failed in math test! I mean is that even a reason?

I was just checking the statistics on the net it shows that people from the age group as young as 10 till the adult age of 30 have higher affinity to end their life for reasons like academic issues, financial issues, disappointment , school bullying, for not getting their desired women failing in an exam the list is almost endless.

Let’s be honest how many of us have got this horrible thought? I can truthfully say that I have not got such thoughts which I am happy about, may be sometimes in frustration I could have just blabber some statements but that would be a stress buster and you know no one means that and it was completely involuntary and came out as an emotional reflex.

Dear people please understand you being born as human the crown of evolution is itself a boon, do not just give it up for what so ever reason, I am sure there would be a way out, just think how much you can before you think something which is meaningless .



Some Suggestions.

I would like the teachers in schools to build more awareness among the students about importance of life other than the subjects they teach.

Students or rather children should be thought almost everything positive in their learning phase of life that is until their high school and beyond it,

Movies which involve mentally disturbing scenes should be filtered out, because this is an era where people get influenced by movies.

The grown-ups I think there is nothing much to tell you, you guys need to live a careful life rather pushing the escape button, thinks about your family and friends whenever you get such thoughts.

Students  in IITs’ and the IIMs’ in India and all the other great students in  the world’s best schools there is absolutely reason you should be part of this cowardly act, because we the kids of the normal schools consider you as role-models !

There is so much for you to do to improve yourself, to improve the world and improve the people around you, so what is the fun of quitting your life, are you assured you are going get another life instantaneously? Do you think this is a Mario game?

To be frank with you I do not usually pity the people who kill themselves until and unless there is such a strong reason that his or her life has become unlivable! you may feel I am being rude, but the fact is that we all have problems in life it just takes a little bit of effort to deal with it and I am tough on such people as I want to make them strong.

Please people always remember no one in this world has a right to hurt you and make you feel low, it is just the way you respond to a stimuli that matters.

Please spread this awareness too all the stressed out kids around you and motivate them and try to make them understand the joy of living. Let us try to spread this awareness as a team.

As I always say, Life is sweet living it.

I once again thank my friend for asking me to write this blog for a noble cause.

Thanks for your time, have a great weekend ahead.

No comments:

Tussle- Story about a fight.

Hello Readers   I hope you all are doing great; it has been a long time since I wrote a blog, I have been a bit busy, but it is a great fe...