Saturday 25 February 2017

Tutelage

Hello readers

Hope you all are fine

All children have gifts; some open them in different times.
-Patricia Polacco

I wanted to write about this topic from a long, finally I got the all the points wanted to cover.

What according to all of us is a career? is it just that you finish your graduation in the field you like and end up in a job?  Or is it a place where you want to explore yourself in an industry or an institute and money is a one of the components to the service you render.

We invest our time and money for the first 16 -20 years of your lives in education.
After that we end up in jobs.

In India I see there is trend of monotony which has become more as the years are rolling in.

It has become a cycle since the IT boom that everyone who is anyone wants to end up in a predictable job which will give him some quick bucks and self –content.

There is no one who is anymore thinking education as a means of knowledge, I have heard people telling they treat education as an investment and expect the money they spent on fees to be paid back in their first salary!


Parents
I have seen parents still considering arts and humanities a non-preferable option for their kids who want to pursue the same!

I mean are we serious, do we even know the most paid jobs   in the world are in the fields of arts and hotel management?

I feel if you get a less paid job which would satisfy you that moment is best than you working in a white collared job which pays a million dollar minus the happiness.

So parents have to consider the aspirations of the children and which career they want to explore and opt for, rather than what they want their kids to do.

There is a big myth and misconception in India that the people who choose art or other careers out of the normal are failures or dullards; sorry this is not the mindset we need to follow.

In that way I appreciate the foreigners who respect art and culture as much they respect science and technology.

I am writing on this all important topic at the time of year where all the major exams happen and I wish all the students all the best and want them to fare well in these exams.

And I hope the parents will stop feeling insecure about their wards careers and respect their children’s aspirations and help them find their path to success.

Which will lead to a more matured society?

Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Tussle- Story about a fight.

Hello Readers   I hope you all are doing great; it has been a long time since I wrote a blog, I have been a bit busy, but it is a great fe...