Tuesday 21 November 2017

Networking advancement a boon or a bane ? - Debate

Hello Readers

Hope you all are fine.

People are shy to talk each other, but don't mind sharing anything at all to the world on the internet!
-Social media critic.

Actually, today's topic was suggested by my friend I feel it is important and should be analyzed logically. It has also been an age-old question stuck in my mind which I will put out today.

First the question: Is advancement in the field of communication building a healthy society? Even before I answer that question let us first see how has it changed society.

Earlier, I am talking about the pre-Facebook era, the social networking market was a lame duck if I may say so, and even the motive of the social network was just you know networking in the literal sense.

But now we can see social networking has become a platform for pumping memes, countless personal pictures, and advertisements of all possible products.

Again earlier people used to talk to each other, I mean talk not face-timing or skyping, so what happened to us, why is that we feel our communities families and circles so dry and distant these days.

Well, I think of only 1 answer that is the silicon revolution! Yes, the social networking boom and silicon revolution are interlinked, as the computing power increased so did the other constituents which would help developers to build networking tools on almost any hand-held device.

The reason I am saying they are interlinked is that without the mobility and advancement which we see in technology it would not have been easy to access social networking websites in your palms!

Yes! I am of course talking about the smartphones which have changed things for good and also has a flip side.




I am not totally against social networking, but I am very much concerned about this generation Y who are totally living in a virtual world of likes, comments, and emoticons.

When was the last time we sat across a table and had a chit-chat with our grandparents and cousins, relatives?

Instead, you just create a WhatsApp group and laugh there even though you can meet everyone with little effort? or just mute those groups and being part of it for the sake of being there?

I mean what are looking at! A game of mime? I am sorry according to conventional biology T.V is considered as a passive instrument which makes you introvert and less proactive over the course of time, which earned it the name the “idiot box”.

Now I would say due to extensive social networking and online activity has made people distant and turned them into anti-social introvert people.

But there is something even scarier, we are on the verge of becoming hollow walls without any knowledge of what is happening in this world other than the memes' we read!

Please let us start reading books like older times and read as much as books as you can quit staring at screens unless you do something useful with the available technology.

My intention is not to discourage social networking but, there should be a purpose for anything we do, so it is better you find your purpose and may start weighty conversations with the people you meet on the internet instead of a monotony of hi's bye's and good mornings and good nights and what not.

If you ask me on what side of the debate you are I would say I am not totally for it, but we can 

have a nice day ahead. Thank you, Abhishek for suggesting this topic.

Helios

No comments:

Tussle- Story about a fight.

Hello Readers   I hope you all are doing great; it has been a long time since I wrote a blog, I have been a bit busy, but it is a great fe...