Saturday 16 January 2016

The Alerts.

Hello readers good afternoon!

Life could be limitless joy, if we would only take it for what it is, in the way it is given to us.

-Leo Tolstoy.

Some time back, I was on my way to a place was riding my moped the weather also was beautiful,  suddenly I could sense something unusual was happening with me, and just trying to understand this unusual feeling, which never flashed to me as to what was wrong? Finally I just ignored it and reached my destination.

Later that day I realised that I had left my documents at home which I was supposed to take to that meeting, it was too late and I could not go back home and get it,  somehow managed the meeting without the essentials.

But what amazed me is that the warning signal which was given by my brain when it sensed that I missed something at home and was driving me towards what I had missed like a compass which guides a sailor, but since I did not pay attention or did not show much interest, my brain got confused and thought may be everything is fine and stopped those palpitations.

Our body is a chemical and electrical factory which is controlled by hormones and neural impulses and electrical signals and the brain is the decision centre for all this. It is a leader which decides which force has to deploy at what time in each second of our life.




I was reading this amazing book by Daniel Goleman on Emotional intelligence which reveals some amazing facts and correlates our actions and  body physics with our emotions, I was very happy when I read this example: when you are hungry the brain fills your hands with strength as the early man used to used his hands to kill or hunt his prey and then eat it, in the same way if you are in fear your brain gives you more strength in your legs so that you can run from your predator.

The most amazing part is that even though we are the most evolved species and most intellectuals but our bodies,  still follows some pre-historic logic which is surprising.
Even thinking and our actions work in the same way, you sweat when you are scared or you get worked and up and strong when you are angry.

All these actions that the brain initiates was not learnt by you but, you were born with it and it has taken many years to evolve over a period of time.

We must all read about this relation, which will help us understand our own actions which we will surprised to know about.

The famous scientist William Harvey who discovered blood circulation in the human body said that, the better we understand our bodies the better we live.

So let us start understanding our body and behaviour which will help us solve our stress related issues which we suffer as result of our mechanical lives.

Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Tussle- Story about a fight.

Hello Readers   I hope you all are doing great; it has been a long time since I wrote a blog, I have been a bit busy, but it is a great fe...